Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Writing Assignment: compare 3 pictures

*Parentheses show my inside comments. regular text is the actual analysis.

A picture taken by me of someone else:
a. To capture a moment/document a time: To show the interest of the subject in their surrounding.  (<-This and I just felt a desire to have a picture of him. We had gone to the Galleria of Dallas[which I have not been to since I was a kid] and it was kind of a special time that I wanted to have record of.)
b. The relationship is close: The Subject is not paranoid of a looming photographer, and the photographer takes care in making the subject look good. Could be friends or family. (This is my boyfriend Jake.)
c. I think it was intended for personal use, though it kind of looks something like street photography...kind of. It by no means is for advertisement because the subject would probably be more ingaged with the photographer if that were the case. It is meant to be used amongst friends and family.
 A picture taken of me by someone:
a. To capture a moment: opening of a present. (yeah, my friend gave me an early Chirstmas gift.)
b. Seems friendly: Could be a family or friend relationship. Subject is attentive to the photographer. (My good friend D'andra took this.)
c. Intended to be used amongst friends or family.
Random picture:
a. To capture a moment/document a time: The woman is driving a boat, possibly a rare event or an event new to the photographer. Could even be a documentation of the use of a new boat/rented boat/etc.
b. Seems friendly: Could be family or friends. The subject is smiling for the photographer and is not forcing a pose.
c. Intended for personal use amongst friends and family. Could not see this as a possible advertising photo or anything of the sort.


No comments:

Post a Comment