Saturday, November 6, 2010

Identity Essentials

Thats pretty good ...for a girl
[1st wave of feminist art - plus the ripple '64 and after]

1. Essentials (identity)
-personal
-body
-sexuality
-vaginal icongraph
2. Materials/techniques
-unique to women
3. Pictivism
-performance
-sisterhood
4. Distinguish art of men/women
-------------------------------------------
The tongue: gender
When I think of the use of body parts I try to think of how certain ones are advertised. When I think of tongues (which I picked merely because it's my favorite body part) its closely associated to females for sex appeal. So I thought that  could pertain to the essence of gender and was a possible direction to go. However, the tongue can be also be used to portray silliness of excitement. So I thought that could also be something to capture. Both are included below. It's possible that it can be considered a container of something(like desire or expression) but I'm not sure. Something that I wouldn't mind talking through to come up with a result




No comments:

Post a Comment