Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Human Element


Figuring out what technique we wanted to use to accomplish the white space took us(me and my table group) a while to figure out. It wasn't until we got to the Menil that we came to the dicision to use the clouds and sky as our negitive space and black cut out circles we had made over the last week.

The process:

Getting a different perspective


We cut out mulitiple sizes of cardboard circles and spray painted each one black. We scouted a few places to get ideas as to where we could shoot. We originally were going to take pictures at the baseball field next to the WASH building but once we got to the Menil we decided that was a better idea. The main complication of the technique that we used was that it was hard to get the circles into the right placement. Also, it was hard to keep the background clear of foliage and faces. All and all though, I think we were all pretty happy about the way the pictures turned out.


My two final pictures:


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I was pretty happy with the way these pictures turned out I really wanted to try and idea that I had of drawing circles on hands against a white wall. It's pictured below:
Thank you mom, dad and Hunter for participating!

1 comment: